Charles Robert Cockerell (1788–1863) was an English architect, archaeologist, and writer. Early in his life, he trained in the architectural practice of his father, Samuel Pepys Cockerell. One of his earliest jobs found Cockerell assisting Robert Smirke in rebuilding the Covent Garden Theatre (a forerunner of today's Royal Opera House). He set up his own practice in 1817 and became relatively successful, winning the first Royal Gold Medal for architecture in 1848 and becoming president of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1860.
As an archaeologist, Cockerell is remembered for removing the reliefs from the temple of Apollo at Bassae, near Phigalia, which are now in the British Museum. Replicas of these reliefs were included in the frieze of the library of the Travellers Club, of which Charles Robert Cockerell was a founding committee member in 1819.
With Jacques Ignace Hittorff and Thomas Leverton Donaldson, Cockerell was also a member of the committee formed in 1836 to determine whether the Elgin Marbles and other Greek statuary in the British Museum had originally been coloured (see Transactions of the Royal Institute of British Architects for 1842).